Monday, January 11, 2010

Turnip, carrot soup

I have had a cold for the past few days so I have been making different kinds of soups with chicken broth that I make myself. The chicken broth that I make is from the bones that I roast a whole chicken then simmer the bones for over 24 hours to the extent that the bones become soft. This way all the nutrients from the bone are extracted. Then I add different kinds of vegetables to the broth each day as a soup.

Today, I added turnips which is full of vitamin C, excellent for when you have a cold, carrots, fresh ginger, garlic and onion. Nothing else was added because the broth already had salt and other spices. It was wonderful for a cold, Maine winter with a soar throat. I must get well by Friday because I have a couple for one night stay with dinner and exfoliation to which I am looking forward to.

No comments: