Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tempe &

Well, first I want to say that I have been shoveling quite a bit of snow lately. Yesterday, two times and today once. It is 8:34 p.m. it is snowing again. I love snow it brings much quiet and peace. It gives lots of time to reflect.

After shoveling and clearing up the snow, I made spicy tempeh for my guests. It was my first time making tempeh. I have to say it turned out quite delicious, every single piece was eaten. I fried onions, garlic, ginger in coconut oil then added the tempeh which I had bought from Farmers Market in Brunswick. It is locally grown organic tempeh which was good. I added dried pepper, curry, turmeric and couple of other spices with a bit of water let it cook for about ten minutes then added dried coconut, roasted seeds let it simmer for just a few minutes turned it off added mango. Served it with white basmati rice made with saffron. The salad was 3 different kinds of cabbage, carrots, celeriac root marinated in salt, pepper, olive oil, one fresh lemon, touch of balsamic vinegar. Green tea was served as beverage.

No comments: