Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baklava Pastry

It is cloudy and rainy in Bath, Maine today so I decided to make some baklava at Kismet Inn bed and breakfast.


Please note... all the ingredients are organic and local... not even industrialized organic but local organic.
The eggs are free range, fresh, local, farmers market egg.The ghee which I make myself again from the local, organic butter I get.
The flour is from local Maine co-op.
Ingredients:1/4 cup milk -- I used my own homemade yogurt made with raw, organic milk.
1/2 cup ghee -- melted
1 tablespoon syrup -- sugar, water, rose water
1/4 cup rose water
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour

Combine the yogurt, ghee, syrup, rose water, and egg in a mixing bowl or dough maker. Add the flour and mix well for 5-10 minutes to form a dough that does not stick to your hands. Divide the dough into 2 balls of equal size and place in a bowl. Cover with a clean towel and let rise for 1/2 hour in room temperature.

No comments: