Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gardening and Decorating


I have been gardening fully every day for the past week specially since the weather has been simply lovely. I have always loved gardening and nature but in a period of my life I wasn't able to do much gardening due to living in apartments. However, since my husband purchased the house for me in January 2004 with the intention of turning it into Kismet Inn Bed and Breakfast Spa I have had ample opportunity to do all the design and gardening. Both has been a wonderful experience with much excitement and joy.

I have really evolved in gardening. During the past week as I have been gardening I noticed it is so similar to decorating. I have been moving plants and before planting them in their new spots I set them in the spot moved back looked and if felt right then planted them. Just like moving a chair or trying to match a color of a sofa with the wall. It is very much a design work. I am creating a rose garden, a peony garden, rows of lilies, rows of irises, climbing hydrangeas and lots of vegetables will be planted next week. I just got 10 yards of excellent sea shell compost which I have used before. The gardens are going to look gorgeous. I hope you come to see them when the season starts which is within couple of weeks.

No comments: