Friday, June 26, 2009

From Roses to Garlic

I love innkeeping simply because I can do so many different things, as an innkeeper I am able to do so many things that I absolutely love in life. I love hosting, cooking, decorating, gardening, knitting, reading and anything that gives me the ability to grow and nourish my own soul as well as others. Having created Kismet Inn bed and breakfast, spa has given me just that.

Hosting at Kismet Inn is not just to accept guests for a stay over but more of a lifestyle where I get to meet people from all walks of life and all over the world. With each guest I learn something new in life, it opens up so many windows and gets me out of the box which most of us create to put people into, categorize, regionalize, nationalize, customize and the list can go on. Most of my guests are between late 20s to late 50s who are concerned with their environment as well as everything good in life.

I can say with much affirmation that all of the guests at Kismet Inn bed and breakfast Spa love everything about the inn that is from the decor to its food... a true organic lifestyle at the inn. This organic lifestyle is not something that I have learned newly or adopted because it is becoming trendy it is the way I have always lived. And being organic does not apply just to food but a lifestyle that applies to everything I do in life from food to gardening, cooking, washing detergent and other cleaning agents and line drying all the wash, it indeed is a way of life for Kismet Inn bed and breakfast spa inn. I can't imagine living any other way.

All the products I use that can be local are local, that includes my washing detergent, all the other cleaning agents. Not to mention even the beds, armoires, coffee tables are locally made by Mark Donavon who is a brilliant wood artist, craftsman from Bowdoinham, a town smaller than Bath about 20 miles north of Bath.

No comments: